I know I am TERRIBLY far behind in blogging, so I will do a very quick update.
May 27th was our long weekend and we had Friday off classes. Alexa and I took the train to Harpenden to stay at the YWAM base there with some friends we met about a month ago. It was a lot of fun because we stayed in the staff flats rather than the guest houses so we had the opportunity to get to know some really great people. We ended up taking another train into London on Friday morning and spent the whole day there. We were blessed with GORGEOUS weather and walked for nearly 10 hours. We figured it would be nicer to walk and see the sights rather than catch a bus... we just didn’t realize how far apart some of the sights were. A highlight of the day was definitely going to Madame Tussaud’s, which is a really sweet wax museum. They had themed rooms: glamour stars, Hollywood, sports, history, royalty, famous inventors, and torture chamber. Once you go through the torture chamber, you have to exit out this one way that is done up like a dungeon with it almost completely dark, and they have paid actors dressed up inside mixed in with the wax figures that jump out and scare you. It was freaky! Then at the very end they had a ‘ride’ kind of like it’s a small world where they take you around to see wax scenes of the history of England. We enjoyed the whole experience even more because we found a coupon that was 2 for 1 =)
Funny story:
We had just gotten into the wax museum and had taken a few pictures, and I was going in to take a picture with Will Smith and I backed up into this lady holding a camera and I was like “Oh, I’m so sorry! Were you taking a picture?” and so I stood out of the way and waited.... and then Alexa was like, “Um, Dude? She’s made of wax!” and the people nearby were laughing so hard! It was hilarious. Alexa actually had to point out to me that she was fake. Priceless. I actually had quite a few blonde moments that day. Good times.
We saw all the cool sights that tourists love – actually, when we arrived in the city at the station, we were debating which direction to start walking and decided to first hit up Buckingham Palace for some pictures... but when we got there, we realized there were thousands of people gathered out front and we were 15mins early for the changing of the guard and the band parade. What luck! =) It was jolly good fun. Then we wandered through Green Park outside the palace, saw all the typical: London eye, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Westminster Abby, etc, etc. So yeah. We hung out in London today, no big deal. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment