Sunday, May 30, 2010

Going to the Heart of it All

Wednesday our class had an amazing opportunity to do some prayer in London. We did some public worship outside the Supreme Court building and then walked to the Foreign & Commonwealth Office where we were given a tour of the building and had lunch with some of the workers.
I stood in wonder before the grand foyers with their winding stairways and ornate carvings. Sculpted statues looked down from their perches while our footsteps silently echoed beneath the raised ceilings. As my fingers stroked the smooth marble pillars, my mind revelled at the thought of the secrets they could tell. I studied the patterned carpet and imagined the politicians whose shoes had stepped on the very ground on which I now walked. We stood in the same conference rooms where decisions had been made that helped shape the nation.
Afterward, we gathered in the original Press Room with some of the Christians that work in office and interceded with them for the government. There was something powerful about praying IN a government building, WITH government officials, FOR the government. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment