So... I decided I'm a ballroom dancer, but what I really want to do is break dance.
I feel like a ballroom dancer that is trying to glide through life with God smoothly, following a strictly choreographed routine. I've trained myself to move with the poise and technique that form my "religious views". I've followed all the steps and performed all the moves that create the dance of "Christianity". I've kept a straight, sturdy frame and have memorized the routine, but I feel that this dance is making me stiff.
The more time I spend here at the manor, the more I feel like a break dancer. God is loosening up my posture and telling me to break free of the mindset that Christianity is just a set of religious rules. He's telling me to stop concentrating on being so technical and worrying about following the steps exactly. Throwing all posture out the window, God is telling me to listen to His voice and then move as it leads me.
With break dancing there is more freedom for interpretation and no limits on how you can move. There are no rules to follow, no criteria you must meet - it's a personal style that is unique for everyone.
God has already shaken me from my stiff poise and now I stand with eyes closed, just listening to the music of His voice. As the rhythms build and the song becomes more clear, my passion swells and my feet begin to move beneath me in new ways.
I love this revelation of yours, Kenz! Inspires me, for sure.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT!!!! This analogy says its all! This is the way it should be.
ReplyDelete